Being a certified carpet cleaner service, we get asked a lot about different techniques we use. Mostly, people have heard about “steam cleaning”. But let us tell you, professionals have other different cleaning techniques.
You can apply the advantages and disadvantages of each of these techniques. Want to know how? Let’s read these 5 different professional techniques of carpet cleaning.
5 techniques used in professional carpet cleaning
1. Dry carpet cleaning
This method is used to clean the greedy dirt substances in your carpet. At All Pro Shining, our professionals use a mechanical brush to spray the absorbent compound and clean the dirty fibers in your carpet.
It takes time for the compound to separate the dirt from the dirty fibers. So, your carpet will be left untouched for some time. This technique works best if you need deeper cleaning, but do not want a messy wet carpet.
Want to know the advantages of this method? Read them in the following:
✔ Faster drying time
✔ No expensive equipment
✔ No spots reappearing
✔ Prevent the growth of mold and mildew
✔ No danger of rippling carpet
✔ Safer for delicate carpets like wool, silk, jute, and sisal.
2. Steam cleaning
As we’ve mentioned in our introduction, you’ve probably heard about steam cleaning before. Just like the name suggests, this method uses hot water as the element. It is used at high pressure on the carpet fibers. Doing so any sort of bacteria and dirt is sure to break down from deep within.
In the next step, the hot water is extracted through a vacuum. And this is where steam cleaning gets its other name- “hot water extraction”.
Want to know in detail about the steam cleaning process? Look at the following steps carefully:
- Remove any objects and dust particles
- Vacuum the carpet.
- Apply stain remover on the main spots.
- Fill the steam cleaner with hot water and soap(vinegar for natural solution)
- Steam the entire carpet
- Allowing the carpet to dry (about 12–24 hours)
As you know your carpets are quite vulnerable and needy, so we’d like to have a strategic plan. In fact, we keep in mind your carpet material. And following the same, we make sure to use only the right detergent.
3. Bonnet Cleaning Technique
This technique is different from typical professional carpet cleaning methods. This method mainly focuses on the surface of your carpet. It involves soaking a special kind of machine with a spinning pad. This pad is dipped into a cleaning solution to remove dirt and polish your carpet’s surface.
Hotels and other commercial enterprises commonly use this method. Even though it is one of the fastest rug cleaning methods, you can still see a noticeable difference.
Let’s know the equipment used in this cleaning as below:
- A mop bucket with a wringer
- 1–2 quart, pump up type sprayer
- 175 RPM Floor machine
Are you excited to know how we use them? Here’s how it goes from the start:
- Vacuum the carpet
- Fill a bucket with warm water mixed with a bonnet cleaner solution
- Fill the pump sprayer with the solution.
- Making sure not to overspray, an area of 10’ x 10’ is sprayed with the cleaner.
- Put the first pad under the machine and begin an overlapping back and forth pattern.
- Flip the other side of the pad as one side dries out.
- As soon as both sides are soiled, place them aside to be washed.
- The same process continues until your carpet is cleaned.
With our professional carpet cleaning service, you can expect a clean carpet in no time at all.
4. Carpet shampooing method
You might not have heard about this method much before, but it is one of the oldest techniques used by floor cleaning services. In fact, it’s the method that’s been used for heavy-duty carpet cleaning for years. Of course, it has evolved a lot until 2022, but only in terms of technology.
Here are the steps on how this shampoo cleaning method is used:
- Free the carpet from clutter and furniture
- Mix the carpet cleaning shampoo with some warm water (30–50ml shampoo/1L water)
- Apply the shampoo from your carpet with a brush machine
- Suck the shampoo with a vacuum
- Continue until all the stains and dust are gone
- Leave it to dry,
At last, we perform a dry vacuuming to remove any leftover residue.
5. Encapsulation method
Just as the name sounds, this method makes sense in a fancy way. Synthetic foam detergents are pushed into the carpet during encapsulation washing using a brush machine. As the foam cools, it turns into powder. In the process, it collects dirt that is already on the carpet. The dirt and powder are then both removed by vacuum.
Steps for encapsulation cleaning method:
- Vacuum the carpet thoroughly to remove any dry soil
- Mix Matrix Double Strength Encapsulant and spray with a pump-up sprayer.
- Keep it still for about 15 minutes
- Apply the encapsulant to the carpet with a bonnet machine, grooming brush, or cylindrical brush machine.
- Once the carpet is dry, we’d recommend you vacuum again to suck up the encapsulated debris.
- Pro tip- If you want a quick dry, yet no residue left cleaning, then Encapsulation is better than shampooing.
📌 Note: Our professional carpet cleaning service does not recommend this method for heavily soiled carpets.
Hire the Best Carpet Cleaner Service
After all, carpets are expensive, and only education and experience can bring the best solution for your stained, dirty carpets. Being a carpet cleaning service in Buffalo, we take pride in educating our clients.
We take into account your interior space, carpet size, carpet fabric, and dust extent. Only then, we start off with our best carpet cleaner machine. So, if you are looking for carpet cleaning Buffalo NY, then you have clicked the right rink. Along with carpet cleaning, we offer a wide range of cleaning services. You may check our website to find all of them.