People move into new homes, set their furniture up, and then forget all about it. This is great until they have to move their furniture again. And they see the dents in their carpets from the furniture.
While carpet dentsare quite an annoying trait of carpets, it isn’t irreversible. Luckily, the carpet cleaning services in Buffalo have some easy tricks and tips to fix this vexing problem of yours. Check them out below!
Tips For Getting Carpet Dents Out Of Synthetic Fibers
Common synthetic fibers carpet includes olefin, nylon, and polyester. While trying to remove dents from carpets, you need to protect the floor underneath. Place something absorbent on the floor such as a cloth or tel. This will ensure your floor isn’t damaged by the moisture.
Steps To Remove Carpet Dents From Synthetic Fiber Carpets
1. After moving the furniture, place ice cubes on the dented areas of the carpet. Make sure to use as many ice cubes as you need to fill the dents.
2. Let the ice cubes lie on the carpet for at least a few hours (or overnight, if possible). This process will allow the ice cubes to melt, leaving behind water for the carpet to absorb. The water absorption will grant the carpet fiber to swell back to its original form.
3. Next, blot the damp areas dry. Leave it slightly damp. If you have placed a cloth or towel underneath your carpet, it is time to remove it.
4. Now, take advantage of the re-plumped carpet. Take something tough like a coin or a hard piece of cutlery. Then, rub the dented areas back and forth in a scratching motion. Use a carpet brush or rake, if you have one in handy.
This effortless process should leave your synthetic carpets dent-free in just one go. However, if the carpet dents are stubborn, repeat the process until you are satisfied with the results.
Tips To Fix Carpet Dents On Natural Fibers
Natural fiber carpets include the ones with jute, wool, silk, sisal, or cotton. They can be best removed with a professional steam cleaning. So, if you have got a natural fiber carpet, follow the below-given steps.
Steps To Remove Carpet Dents From Natural Fiber Carpets
1. If possible, place a towel or cloth underneath the carpet or rug you’ll be treating. This will stop the steam cleaning and carpet repair process from damaging your flooring.
2. Heat the iron to full heat and hold 4 to 5 inches above the carpet dents. Release a consistent flow of stem onto the dent until it is fully wet and heated.
3. If the dent remains in its place, place a towel or cloth on top of it. Then, put the iron directly on top.
4. Dry the carpet using a towel or kitchen roll. Then, rub the dent with your finger or a hard object such as a coin or piece of cutlery.
If The DIY Steps Fail, Call The All Pro Shinning Team
No matter how vigorously you rub the carpet dents, some stubborn ones simply don’t budge. If you are facing this too, call the All Pro Shinning team. We are the most trusted carpet cleaning company in Buffalo for professional and flawlessly cleaning carpets. Our team can vanish the toughest carpet dents and stains in no time.